Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Phil Morris Johnson, Jr.

Psalm 139:7-10 (NIV):  Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

18: When I awake, I am still with you.

 

Mr. Phil Morris Johnson, Jr., age 75, of Macon, peacefully transitioned to his Heavenly Father at home on August 8, 2022. He was born in Griffin, son of the late Phil Morris Johnson, Sr., and Betty Rose Ragsdale Johnson. Phil served in the National Guard and worked in sales at Chronic Chevrolet in Griffin for over 20 years.  He and his wife Margaret raised their family in Pike County and then moved to Macon in 2007. He was loved and admired by all whose lives he touched.

 

His children and grandchildren were his life, whom he loved endlessly with all his heart. Being a UGA graduate, he loved his GA Bulldogs and being in Athens to reminisce.

 

He is survived by his wife of 50 years: Margaret Paige Johnson from Swainsboro; children and their spouses: Kelley and Jason Poston of Zebulon; Grant and Dot Johnson of Pike County and Ben and Misty Johnson of Macon; grandchildren: Peyton Johnson, Nolan Poston, Emma Grace Johnson, and Cohen Johnson; brother: Dennis Johnson of Yatesville; sister and brother-in-law: Christy and Chris Freeman of Blairsville; several nieces, nephews and close friends.

 

A graveside service will be held on Thursday, August 11, at 10 a.m., at Mt. Gilead Baptist Church Cemetery. Rev. Al Shackelford will officiate.

 

Friends may visit the family on Wednesday, August 10, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., at the funeral home.

 

Moody-Daniel Funeral Home

No comments:

Post a Comment